Saturday, August 6, 2011

Darwin Pedicabs

Surprise Surprise...!

Finally I have something to post on this blog. About a week ago a mate of mine told me he'd seen Pedicabs in Darwin. Yesterday during my lunch break I drove through town and saw them for myself.

I think I counted four or five Pedicabs.The riders all seem to be backpackers, they charge from $5 per ride and I think they are confined to the City Center gravitating from the Mitchel Street, 'tourist precinct'.

Fantastic!


Pedicab
Pedicab cruising Mitchel Street

IMG_5340
Resting the rider

Last night after visiting a performance of Sita & Rama's Mystical Journey in the Botanic Gardens, I took the family for a drive through town and saw more pedicabs.

Wayang Kulit di Darwin
Wayang Kulit - Sita & Rama's Mystical Journey

No comments: